How can you Help
- Join the PTA, come to meetings and vote. It's just $4.75 per member.
- $100 per student will help us 'keep the lights on'.
- $500 per student would help us invest in new programs.
- Get regular updates about PTA and school related activities. There are lots of ways to stay connected.
- Volunteer your time. Check out current Volunteer Opportunities.
- Run a birthday fundraiser on Facebook. Visit this link to get started.
- Select Independent Elementary as your Amazon Smile charity. Opt-in with this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3076631
How do we help
The Independent PTA brings parents, teachers, and the administration together to advocate on behalf of the students at Independent Elementary School.
In this era of budget and resourcing shortfalls, parents & the local community must fill certain gaps if we want to ensure a high-quality experience for all our students.
[California has some of the lowest per-student funding in the nation.]
In addition to supporting our teachers' needs for supplemental in-classroom support such as parent volunteers and materials, additional areas the PTA would like to be able to assist with include the following:
- K-3 Music Education
- Standards Based Art Curriculum TK-5
- Supplemental/Extra Curricular Arts, Science, Cultural Activities
- Community-Spirit/Family Engagement activities
Join us and share your ideas!